Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Delicious Dry Rub!

The Husband loves barbecue anything, especially ribs. So, when we saw them on sale at Publix this week, we just had to buy them.

I went about doing some research on rubs and how to best cook ribs.

Here's my recipe:
2 Tablespoons cumin
1/4 cup packed dark sugar
1/3 cup paprika (I used half smoked, half regular)
1/8 cup chili powder
2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup salt
1/8 cup cracked pepper (I used part rainbow pepper)

Stir together. Rub 1/3 of a cup a rack of ribs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm riffing on your dry rub recipe for a bone-in pork roast that is destined for the slow cooker this weekend. Chili powder is a no-go for me ever since a food poisoning episode years ago, so I'm replacing that with garlic. The nutmeg is genius!

    So glad you joined us at M-D on Monday!

    ReplyDelete